Sunday, August 30, 2015

Haiti & Disneyland

I just got back from a whirlwind of trips.

First I went to Haiti to volunteer at an orphanage. The children were the most adorable, darling things. I'm hoping to go back as soon as possible. I recently joined the board of Pennies for Haiti to continue working with the orphanages and schools there to give the kiddos hope for a better future. My favorite part of the whole thing though was teaching them how to draw St. Josephine Bakhita and... Mickey Mouse. Being able to share with them my love for God and art was the most rewarding thing I have done in a very long time.

Here is a video I put together for my co-workers at Disney Design Group.



I fell in love with a little boy named Mayson. It took me a while to accept that the possibility to adopt him was very low. By the time I would be able to he'd be a teenager, and the fact that I am single would make it twice as hard. For now I'll just pray for him and make sure he is taken care of.



~
My second trip, so very unlike the first, was a business trip to Disneyland. Everything was paid for and I went with three of the most amazing people. We visited the WDI Research Library, Walt Disney Archives, Animation Archives, Disney Animation studio, Disney Channel and the Disney Store headquarters. And we went to Disneyland of course. I love this company. I feel so blessed.




Now I'm home, happy to be home, taking care of my house, keeping my sister company–she just started work as a Spanish teacher!– and gearing up for the next few months. Praise God for all that He has done for me.


This is a present I made for my sister when she got her new job! 
 


 Stay happy!
Fabiola

1 comment:

Louise Ketchum Hunt said...

Hi Fabiola! My daughter Sr Marie James asked me to contact you on FB to work with you on the childhood of Kateri Tekakwitha. I have fresh ideas for you.