Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mama Teresa

A normal evening. I'm trying not to think about the tax forms buried underneath hours of procrastination, including this hour, when I am still deciding whether to bust out the calculator or cuddle the cat. Sofi, the best sister this side of the 'verse, is chatting it up with mom (who talks as if she was on the other side of the known galaxy instead of on the phone.) Toulouse; the cat, the fuzzball, the eater of precious garments, is here too.

The day has been of the normal kind too. Got up. Took the neighbors to Epcot. Wondered momentarily if I should find some place in the park to sit and sift through some of my favorite books, but decided instead that the scalding sun and lack of outlets was impractical so I headed home, of course not before winding aimlessly around the parking lot until I found my car. Then I drew (see picture below), had sushi, went to the Bar(nes & Noble) for the millionth time and now I am here with you, the reader, trying to suck you back into reading my blog.

As I said today I actually drew something for myself. And it had nothing to do with work, favors or I've-lost-my-personal-voice guilt.

So here she is, Mama Teresa!  I haven't quite gotten to where I want with her, but I've been seriously considering starting my second book, based on her life. More on that later... maybe.


5 comments:

Cassie said...

Aww!! Mama T is so precious! :)

Kat said...

Can I get a poster of this for my girls' room?

Anonymous said...

A Mother Teresa book in the works, maybe? OOoo.. can't wait to see more!!

Christina Yang said...

Love it :)

Chuck said...

Please do a Mother Teresa book to go with Pope John Paul II!
You've sold one already!