Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Grey Exploration



Color studies have become a pretty steady hobby. This particular set was inspired by a certain image that surfaced in my mind. It began very simply... A young girl, in a desolate field comes upon a wall that disappears across either horizon. I could see the colors very clearly; extremely devoid of color. The setting was very minimal and bleak. It is more a psychological image than a fantasy setting, but it's held on to me these past few weeks so I'm hoping to expand on it and begin a little personal project entitled The Wall. I'm not sure if anything will come of it but little disjointed color studies, but I'm enjoying this process immensely! 

2 comments:

Bec said...

these are very striking! especially the first. i love subdued colours

Nicholas Kole said...

This is beautiful...I love the first one, with the endless wall, best!