Sunday, October 24, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
I love 'The Thin Line of Sanctity'. It is very thin. Pray for prudence; pray to be a good listener because often time we can’t quite see where that line is. It’s hard to walk on an invisible tight rope without someone leading you. And when you think you can do it all by yourself you're blind without even knowing it, which means it's time to pray. Ask for His Hand always and forever.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
You look at a full moon and think of the Eucharist.
You read the abbreviation "St" and think of "saint", not "street".
When you see a CD with the letters "DRE" written on it, and instead of the hip-hop artist, you think "Director of Religious Education".
Fridays in Lent are challenging. (As they should be.)
You're appalled when friends have birthday parties on Good Friday (though, admittedly, it's tough being a Lent baby).
When traveling, it's exciting trying to find the local Catholic church to attend.
It's annoying, when text messaging, if your phone's predictive text feature takes FOREVER to supply the ackronyms "Fr" or "Sr" when typing the name of a priest or nun.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
You know you’re a Catholic GEEK when:
1) You get home at 3am on a Friday night because you went to Mass and decided to stay and chat with a girlfriend about God, chastity, and how Cardinal Sean’s* voice is so deep he sounds like Santa Claus.
2) 4th of July Fireworks make you think of Pentecost.
3) You know where the ‘religious’ section is in every Barnes and Nobles in your area.
4) You have Pope John Paul II as your desktop background.
5) You look for a “Which kind of religious sister or nun would you be?” Quiz on the Internet and upon finding none, get exasperated because the Internet isn’t meeting your entertainment needs. *
*P.S. Cardinal Sean O'Malley is a blogger. Visit his site @ http://www.cardinalseansblog.org.
*In response to my no response on the interwebs I will make a quiz shortly.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Hey Peeps, I have a new Faith/Art Blog I just started, where I post art, talk about my faith life and any other random thing I think is cool. Please visit, comment & follow. I'm also going to be posting some art demos there for anybody whose interested.